About Our Blog

Hi Everyone!

As most of you know, my classmate Kate and I will be sailing aboard the Maersk Peary to Antarctica this winter. We are both very excited for our trip and cannot wait to see what this adventure has in store for us. We will try to update this blog as much as possible, so check back and see what's new. Hopefully, we'll have some pictures of penguins eventually!

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Whales!

Well, I'll keep this post pretty short as far as my words are concerned. After lunch today, we got a call from the bridge that there were whales on the port side of the vessel. Sure enough, when we got out on deck, there was a group of about 5-10 whales off the port side. The whales and the birds that were with them were some of the first wildlife I've seen since we left Diego. I think that's enough words and it's time for some pictures.










No comments:

Post a Comment